Syracuse University


Grades, Grading Options

Final Grades

Students may view and print their grades through MySlice. To view grades, login to MySlice and click the View Grades link in the Student Services > Enrollment section.

Or request a formal grade report or transcript from the Registrar's Office using our transcript request form. Requests for a formal grade report in addition to or instead of your official transcript should be specified in the special handling section of the form.

  • A formal grade report is an official document presenting a student's courses and grades from only one semester.

An official transcript includes the entire record of all credit-bearing coursework and grades from all programs (undergraduate and graduate, matriculated and non-matriculated) taken at Syracuse University.

Grading Options


  • audit a course,
  • elect a pass/fail grading option, or
  • elect a letter-grade option in some pass/fail-graded courses

complete a Grading Option Application, available in school/college or department offices, or the Registrar’s Office, 106 Steele Hall. Obtain the required approval signature(s), and submit the form to the Registrar’s Office by the grading option deadline. Part-time University College students submit the completed form to University College Bursar and Registration, 700 University Avenue.

Frequently Asked Questions (for Students)

Mid-semester Progress Reports

Mid-semester progress reports are provided to first-year and transfer students who have matriculated during the current academic year, student athletes, and students receiving additional support services who are enrolled in courses numbered 100-599. Students for whom a mid-semester progress report has been submitted will see a link to View Mid-Sem Progress Rpt in MySlice under the Student Services > Advising and My Academics > Advising once the reports are available, around mid-term.

Related SU academic rules

Grades Academic Rules (Grading System, Grades and Grading Symbols, Reporting Grades, Missing Grades, Changing Grades, Removal of Incomplete, Grade Appeals)