Syracuse University

Noncustodial Profile (NCP)

If your biological parents are divorced or separated, or were never married to each other, then your noncustodial parent will need to file the CSS Noncustodial PROFILE (NCP) as part of your financial aid application. The NCP is an online application used to assess a noncustodial parent’s ability to contribute toward college expenses. Recognizing the sensitivity of financial circumstances, strict confidentiality between each parent’s information is maintained.

Here’s how the process works:

  • When you register for the CSS PROFILE, if your biological parents are divorced/separated/never married to each other, you will indicate this status.
  • CSS will send you an e-mail containing a link to the NCP application.
  • Forward this link to the noncustodial parent.
  • If you don't receive the NCP e-mail call PROFILE Customer Support at (305)829-9793. CSS will send the NCP link either to you, or directly to the noncustodial parent.
  • When the noncustodial parent accesses the NCP application, he or she will be instructed to change the password immediately, in order to secure privacy of his or her information.

Determining the Custodial Parent

Read more about who is considered to be the custodial parent when filing for financial aid.

Dates and Deadlines

Be sure to meet the filing deadlines to receive all the aid for which you’ll be eligible.


Use the following SU FAFSA and PROFILE codes:

SU FAFSA code: 002882

CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE code: 2823

How To Fill Out The FAFSA

View the Department of Education's video for help completing the FAFSA.

Need Help Completing Aid Applications?

If you need help completing your financial aid applications, contact your high school guidance office, or your college financial aid office. Be wary of organizations that charge a fee to submit your financial aid application, or to help you find money for college.

Part-Time Students

If you are a part-time student (enrolled in less than 12 credit hours), visit University College Financial Aid Office's site for information on financial assistance.