Syracuse University

Financial Aid - How to Apply


Federal loans are available to support most CAS programs. Students apply for the Federal Direct Loan program as an undergraduate.

The following loan eligibility limits are available (if a student has not already exceeded the maximum undergraduate aggregate borrowing limit):

Dependent students:  $7,500 per academic year. 

Independent students:  $12,500 per academic year.

To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Syracuse University Graduate Financial Aid Application, available on the MySlice Financial Aid To Do list. For entering students, this becomes available after you are officially admitted to your certificate program.

Dates and Deadlines

  • To be certain you receive the maximum amount of financial aid, it is important to meet our deadlines.


When filing the FAFSA you will need the following code:

FAFSA code: 002882

Summer Financial Aid

Find out more about financial aid for the summer.

College of Law

Information specific to the Syracuse University College of Law can be found at the Syracuse University College of Law Financial Aid Office.

Independent Study Degree Programs (ISDP)

The University College Financial Aid Office processes financial aid for the following:

  • Non-matriculated graduate students
  • ISDP (also called Distance Education) students required to attend a limited residency at SU, completing their coursework online